Aktiebolaget Jämsänkoski 1894 - 1917
After the bankruptcy of Jämsänkoski Ab, a new company, Aktiebolaget Jämsänkoski, was set up in the Tampere office of the Kansallis-Osake-Pankki Bank in 1894. Share subscribers included the Superintendent of the Finlayson factory, Arthur Sommer, and Alfred Kihlman, Chairman of the Board of Tampereen Pellava- ja Rautatehdas. Doctor Atle Genetz was appointed Managing Director of the new company. Elieser Johansson stayed on at Jämsänkoski in his post as Superintendent until 1897. Changes took place in the Board both sides of the turn of the century. Atle Genetz became Superintendent at Jämsänkoski in 1898. Two paper mills and two groundwood plants were built in his time. The biggest customer in the company's main market area, Russia, was the St Petersburg book printers, Slowo. Its Managing Director was Superintendent Atle Genetz's brother, Lieutenant Olli Genetz. He offered his cadet comrade, Rudolf Walden, a job with Slowo, and Walden came into the paper sector that way. During the years preceding the First World War Jämsänkoski made top rate profits, but soon after the war broke out, difficulties started in sourcing imported materials and equipment. Manufacture of cellulose was most affected by drying up of foreign sulphur sources. In contrast, the sale price of paper rose sharply, and the result of the year 1916 was so good that a 24 percent dividend was paid out. In 1917 the company articles were updated, and its name was changed to the Finnish form Osakeyhtiö Jämsänkoski. Jakob Solin was elected Chairman of the Board and at the same time Managing Director. He continued as Superintendent at Jämsänkoski. |
Towns and villagesAt workAt schoolFree timeMuseums and collectionsIn the studyTimelineInfoInstructions











